Qualities of a Good Director
- Knowledge of the Cub Scouting program
- Healthful attitudes
- Understanding of Scouts’ needs
- Pertinent experience and background
- Administrative ability
- Sense of public relations
- Agreeable personality
- Sense of humor
- Good appearance
- Extensive knowledge
- Disciplinary skill
- Sense of responsibility
Admin Director Role
The day camp director is the volunteer or professional on-site conducting the Cub Scout day camp.
The day camp director must be a man or woman 21 years of age or older of well-known good character and ability. In addition to being certified at National
Camping School for day camp administration, the day camp director will do the following:
- Report to the day camp advisor.
- Supervise the personnel and operating details of the day camp.
- Recruit, interview, and train day camp personnel.
- Conduct, in cooperation with the program director, a camp staff training course before the opening of camp to familiarize the staff with the day camp program.
- See that standards for leadership, program activities, and health and safety are maintained.
- Be a freelance person at the day camp.
- Always have a plan B.
- Possess and display a maximum of the day camp director qualities shown above
The program director is the volunteer or professional on-site responsible for the Cub Scout day camp program. Program directors plan the program with
the help of the area directors or session directors. The program director must be a man or woman 21 years of age or older of well-known good character
and ability. In addition to being currently certified at National Camping School for day camp administration, the program director will do the following:
- Report to the camp director.
- Promote day camp attendance at roundtables, pack meetings, and activities.
- Help program leads plan and carry out a successful day camp through the use of personal coaching, training, and program aides.
- Help the camp director conduct a camp staff training activity.
- Train and supervise a group of program aides to help program leads.
- Be responsible for program planning, supplies, and personnel.
Shooting Sports Director
Responsible for the safe operation and training of the Northern Ridge Cub Scout Day Camp shooting sports program.
- Determine range layout and safe operating area for the range areas
- Includes documenting the proposed range layout
- Establish what shooting sports activities will be available at camp
- Work with Director team to establish number of participants that will be in each shooting sports rotation
- Recruit Rangemaster staff to meet establish safe operation guidelines.
- Ensure staff is trained
- Manage range setup and tear down
- Must be at least 21 years of age