Covid-19 Response

Northern Ridge Cub Camp Update May 6, 2020

Dear Norther Ridge Scout Families,

Northern Ridge Day Camp is an exciting part of the Cub Scout journey, and we were hoping that Day Camps would open on time.

We have made the difficult decision to delay camp based upon the State of Georgia guidelines and the current Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendation for youth.

Day Camp is about bringing camp to Scouts; therefore, we are still looking at options to bring a Day Camp experience to our Scouts and hope to have a plan to keep our Day Camp traditions alive! You should be receiving a survey soon which will help guide our plans to bring you the experiences you deserve while remaining safe.

All registrations for Day Camp are 100% refundable and you can request a full refund in writing to camping@atlantabsa.org. Alternatively, if you would like to hold your spot for our alternative Day Camp opportunity with your deposit of $10.00, you can request that instead. Please check the following links where details will be posted as they are made available:

Your Northern Ridge Directors Team

admin@nrcubcamp.org

Northern Ridge Cub Camp Update May 1, 2020

Dear Northern Ridge Scout Families,

As much as we what an answer to the all-important question....... “Is the 2020 Cub Camp happening?”. Honestly, no one wants an answer more than the director team for Northern Ridge. The Atlanta Area Council, along with the rest of the nation, is eagerly awaiting a recommendation from the CDC. We all believed that the guidelines were coming out on Friday (5/1), but unfortunately they did not. We are waiting to make the final decision once the CDC and the council make their recommendation. We will have an update on the 2020 Cub Camp no later than May 8th. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Northern Ridge Cub Camp Director Team

admin@nrcubcamp.org

Northern Ridge Cub Camp Update April 6, 2020

Dear Northern Ridge Scout Families,

I hope this email finds everyone doing well during this unprecedented time. We are working closely with Atlanta Area Council to make plans regarding our twilight camp for June 1-4, 2020.

With Cub Scout Packs unable to meet in person, we have added the option for individual registration to our normal pack registration, you can continue with your pack registration. If you register individually, each scouting family must register their own scout and adult volunteer. We understand that people are hesitant to commit to a summer camp, so we are only asking for a $10 refundable deposit at this time. With your $10 deposit, we can gauge interest and start preparing the program supplies.

Registration will close on May 4. We will let you know as soon as we hear how and when council will collect the remaining payment. If we have to cancel camp before May 18, Council will initiate automatic full refunds.

Practice social distancing, wash hands, and enjoy this beautiful weather that we’ve had these last few days. We will update you as we make plans with Council to take the best care of our scout families.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Northern Ridge Cub Camp Director Team

What is still the same as of today, April 5, 2020?

  1. Currently we are still planning for the week of June 1-4 but we are closely taking the recommendation of Government officials & the CDC as more information and guidance comes out.
  2. Regarding the in person training for May 13 & 16, we are looking into other options but they are still on our calendars. Again, we are following the recommendations of State and CDC officials regarding large group gatherings. If you volunteered LAST year (June 2019), you can take the online training course. The link will be provided after registration.
  3. Volunteer to Scout ratio is still 1 full-time adult for every 3 scouts attending camp from your unit.

What’s changed already for our twilight camp?

  1. Registration is now by individual family or through your Pack. We have decided to extend our registration deadline from April 17 to MAY 4. Registration will still close completely on May 18 as supplies will need to be purchased.
  2. We understand that you may not feel comfortable registering your cub for a BIG group activity right now. Our camp does fill up for some ranks and we do need to move forward with head counts for activities. Council has decided that you can register your cubs today (with and without volunteers) with a $10 deposit. We do not have the complete process yet on how or when they will charge you for the remaining amount but I will share that with you as soon as I get that process.
  3. We will collect Health Forms and training certificates in person at training. Our standards state that our Health Official MUST have time before camp to review these. Our camp is so large, we cannot wait to collect 600+ forms at parent training and t-shirt pickup. As of right now, plan to bring them to training if you are volunteering. Pack coordinators can collect cub health forms and send/bring them to training. As of right now these dates are May 13 & May 16. See above #2 for more information.

What you should do at this time:

  1. REGISTRATION: Feel free to register for camp ($10 deposit), camp refunds will be returned in full up until May 18 when we place camp supply orders OR set aside money for your cubs to attend camp and wait and see what happens by May 4. If camp is completely cancelled then refunds will be initiated by council for you.
  2. VOLUNTEERS: If you are an adult or youth volunteer 14 years or older, take Youth Protection Training and Hazardous Weather Training upload your forms using the form on this site.
  3. ALL ATTENDEES: Complete the health forms on your computer for each family member who is attending our camp. I HIGHLY recommend downloading the fill-able pdf, complete it for each family member and save to your computer. This way you have a copy ready each time your pack or council event asks for a copy.. https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680- 001_AB.pdf